I found this on shipperx's journal, and thought I'd follow the herd:
1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now?
I forget, some kind of body wash that was in the Christmas stocking. Kiwi something, I think. It smells nice. There's cucumber-melon soap in the dish by the sink.
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
Nope, not at the moment, alas.
3. Is there anything mouldy in your refrigerator?
There could very well be. I need to clean out the back of the shelves.
4. Are there any dirty dishes in your sink?
Yes, unfortunately. I try to do them before I go to bed.
5. What would you change about your living room?
See answer about "ceiling fans."
6. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
Dirty. Ran it Sunday.
7. Do you have a can of mushrooms in your pantry?
Actually, dried mushrooms in the hall closet - I hydrate and use them if I want mushrooms in anything since Barb doesn't like 'em.
8. White or wheat bread?
Whole grain, mostly... although I do still like white breads.
9. What is on top of your refrigerator?
Boxes of cereal, crackers, bags of chips.
10. What colour is your sofa?
11. What colour or design is on your shower curtain?
No shower curtain, it's a sliding glass door.
12. How many plants are in your home?
None. We have cats that eat them. We have a fake orchid from our wedding. Outside we have a jungle.
13. How many candles are in your home?
A lot. I can see five from where I'm sitting (but to be fair, we had the power go out last week, so several were brought out).
14. Is your bed made right now?
15. If you have a coffee pot, what colour is it?
No coffee pot, several teapots. My main one is a green crockery UK standard.
16. Electric or standard can opener?
No electric. My wife wouldn't let me, and now I don't even remember having them, although that's what I grww up with.
27. Comet or Soft Scrub?
Went back to Comet, since we don't have anything that scratches. (Or, really, any scrubbing stuff that I happen to pick up when I need it, Ajax or Borax or whatever.)
28. Is your closet organized?
Yes, but still cluttered. There is method in my madness, and I know where everything is.
29. What colour is the flashlight that you use the most?
Black, I think. I have a red one around here somewhere (it all depends on which one I find first when I need one).
30. What kinds of things are in your junk drawer?
Screws, replacement flashlight light bulbs, a pair of scissors, hooks, cat toys, the "spare parts" packages that come in everything that we never end up using.
31. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Glass, crockery, china, and wood (wooden mugs from an artist at the Ren Faire).
32. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
Nope, just finished it off the other day. I'll probably make a new one for the weekend.
33. If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
No garage. We turned our carport into our dining room several years ago.
34. Curtains or blinds?
Curtains, no blinds.
35. How many pillows do you sleep with?
One. Latex foam.
36. Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
I try not to. We have a few lights - digital clock in the bedroom, the router in the other room (which is exceptionally bright), and the glow-in-the-dark full moon clock in the bathroom.
37. How many ceiling fans are in your home?
We would have two or three, if we could have shoved it into the budget on our last home improvement, but we just couldn't swing it, so none.
38. How often do you vacuum?
In a perfect world, once a week at least. Occasionally less.
39. Standard toothbrush or electric?
When I use an "electric," it's really just one of those battery-powered ones. I have one now.
40. What colour is your toothbrush?
It's pink, but only because they didn't have a green one.
41. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
Yes, but it needs replacing.
42. What is in your oven right now?
Nothing but the racks (and a little burnt crud that dripped off something).
43. Is your microwave clean or dirty?
Cleaned it on Saturday, so it's looking good now.
44. Is there anything under your bed?
Boxes of things, like the box with all my cosplay/costume stuff I like to keep "in case I need it," some shoes.
45. Chore you hate doing the most?
Well, there's a reason they call them "chores." I don't like doing any of them, but once I get started I actually don't mind them on the whole. I'm always pleased with the results.
46. What retro items are in your home?
Depends on what is meant by "retro." There are antiques, certainly; nothing expressly "retro." Vintage, maybe!
47. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
Barb uses the spare room/craft room as an office, and my desk is in there, too, although I tend to use my laptop out here in front of the television.
48. If you have a yard, who mows it?
Barb does. Machines don't like me (although I will, if I have to).
49. Is there anything on your kitchen floor right now?
Dog bowl, dog kong, step stool and cleaning bucket I haven't bothered to put away.
50. How many mirrors are in your home?
Seven, counting the mirrors on the backs of the curio cabinets.
51. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home?
Not really, although the big bottle of spare change could be used in a pinch.
52. What colour are your walls?
I forget the actual name of the shade, but it's a peachy-dusty-pale coppery color.
53. Which rooms in your house have wallpaper?
None, although we had some in the back bathroom once. (And the kitchen, before the remodel.)
54. Do you have a peephole in your front door?
55. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?
Staves and a ninja practice sword. The few guns I have aren't operational.
56. What does your home smell like right now?
Brownies (just baked a batch for work) and stir-fry (tonight's dinner).
57. Fave candle scent?
Cinnamon or cucumber-melon.
58. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
A half a jar of Carnegie Deli dill spears. And some homemade sunomono.
59. Who are in the pictures you display?
Family and friends, mostly. There's an exploding TARDIS in the Van Gogh style, a print of Seurat's "Sunday on the Isle of La Grande Jatte," and an Egyptian cartouche of our names a friend sent us from Egypt. There's a lot of arrowheads and a sandpainting of the Four Sisters.
60. What colour is your favourite bible?
Do they come in other colors? That is a weird question. But if it's EDITION, I have a fondness for the language of the King James, but the Apocrypha is nice to have around.
61. Do you have plenty of cabinet space in your kitchen?
Not at all.
62. Ever been on your roof?
Not since the old wooden ladder gave up the ghost. We never have gotten around to getting a new one.
62. Do you own a stereo?
Two #62's! Not so much as I used to - I mean, I still own it (an old Aiwa), but it's currently at Barb's mom's house to be sold at the next yard sale (I hope); now I have a more compact stereo system (it looks retro - hey, there it is!), but it's a CD/phonograph/radio with onboard speakers instead of exterior ones. Also, the speakers attached to the television sort of count, although it's not a "stereo" as we used to consider them.
63. How many TVs do you have?
*SOB!* Only one.
64. How many house phones?
Just the one landline with three portables scattered around the place. All the same number.
65. Do you have a housekeeper?
66. What style do you decorate in?
Insomuch as there is a style, it would be "sloppy librarian-Southwestern."
67. Do you like solid colours in furniture or prints?
Solids, mostly. "Material the cats won't scratch" is the first priority.
68. Is there a smoke detector in your home?
69. In case of fire, what are the items you would grab if you only could make one quick trip?
Cats, dog, computer, purse/cell phone. Some clothes, if there's time!
70. Do you know how to work your electrical box?
71. What temperature in your home is most comfortable to you?
In the summer we keep it around 80 (overnight 76); in the winter, it depends on the weather outside. Often the door's open.
I sometimes feel as though my life would be a great deal easier if I just didn't hate, loathe, and despise sweet peppers. They're in EVERYTHING.
Lots and lots of rain in parts of the Valley today. There was a weather alert on the radio this morning and then I heard EVERYONE'S phone alerts going off all over the room. (Technically, no one is supposed to have their phone at their desk... technically.) Watching this evening's news looks like there was one hell of a storm outside of the bunker that is our office. I did hear a little thunder, and it's clear there was some rain, but on the whole, I missed it all again.
I have itches on my arms. It sometimes itches so badly I scrape holes in my skin, even when I try not to scratch. My doctor says it doesn't look serious, but gave me a dermatologist name anyway. She said I need to use cream, rather than plain lotion, so I've been using Burt's Bees cream every night before bed. My skin is nice and soft... and itchy.
Time to walk the dog.