2) Much stuff done around the place; some wallpaper soaked off the bathroom walls, a new medicine cabinet bought, groceries gotten. Meant to get started sooner today but the world of laziness struck and although we finally got up and got going, now we're just vegging here catching up on DVR stuff. rahirah made the cake topper (very pretty!), after three trips to Michael's and one stop up at Joanne's. It was overcast and drizzly yesterday and as a result, it's beautiful and cool today. Hey, autumn! Some places have that, don't they?
3) I still want pizza, but I'll end up eating leftover yakisoba and maybe some bread 'cause it's yummy.
4) We went to framefolly's place last night and had a delicious meal of roasted chicken and salad, followed by a plethora of desserts and a wonderful fun Bollywood movie.
5) This list is totally out of order, BTW.
6) I saw a meme: As evidenced by Katie Couric, Sarah Palin is unable to name any Supreme Court Case other than Roe v. Wade.
The Rules: Post info about ONE Supreme Court decision, modern or historic to your lj. (Any decision, as long as it's not Roe v. Wade.) For those who see this on your f-list, take the meme to your OWN lj to spread the fun.
This distressed me because I literally couldn't name any of them - I knew of several, but couldn't name them (except for the very historically stupid Gore v. Bush, and we all know the outcome of that one) - I do offer in my own defense that I am not running for Vice President of the United States, and I DID remember Dred Scott v. Sandford, but not by name (reminded as I was by Barb). I am totally ashamed of myself. (She also reminded me of Miranda v. Arizona, another one I knew; or should have.)
7) It's nice to have the windows open.
8) Why do my cats spend the day outside and then come in an use the litterbox?
9) One drabble:
The teachings were clear. Magic was evil. How could it be possible, this creature, here, in the house of God?
It knelt in the second pew, the one reserved for the powerful O'Connor family, whispering the mysteries, rosary clicking through its fingers, head bent in what appeared to be honest devotion. Lightning did not strike. There was no roar of thunder. Nothing but soft moonlight shining through the stained glass, daring to give the creature a halo.
The young priest frowned, considering everything he knew about this creature. Could he welcome this demon as a part of his new congregation?
10) Dragons, of course: