This weekend I made some accomplishments, including clearing out a goodly part of my office (a place I spend a lot less time than I used to do), finally getting a "home" for the dragon sculptures (and my diecast cars), got all the laundry done, spent a fortune on groceries, and whacked down bougainvillea (see rahirah's journal). It was a good weekend, and today was a pretty good day back at work. Met the new boss. He seems okay. But man, I'm going to be sorry to lose Dan. He's the best boss I've had since I was in college. That's the price one pays for being good at one's job. "We need you elsewhere!" Corporations.
I have bougainvillea wounds on my arms. Some of them really sting. Ouchie.
I have managed to lose about 6 pounds in the last month. I AM making progress!
I snatched this from nutmeg3...
Meant to be completed by those OUT of high school =)
Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?
'Have you ever kissed someone?'
'Told someone you loved them?'
50 questions for the people who are a little older....
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
All of them. Property taxes and Insurance, since they always come due when I've forgotten to expect them.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Zen-32, for sushi, on Valentine's Day.
3. Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to?
Yes, I do.
4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be ?
I think I'd go to Japan.
5.What do you want to be doing right now?
I'm pretty much doing it, playing on the computer and watching Friday night's Craig Ferguson.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Sadly, I never had ambition. I wanted to be a "wife and mother." Honest. I'm so lame.
8. How many colleges did you attend?
Just one. I started to enroll in a second, but money was tight and I didn't.
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
I wore it a couple hours on Saturday and figured it was still clean. It has Dory on it (Finding Nemo).
10. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Gas is expensive, but it would actually cost me a great deal more to buy a more fuel-efficient car, since my car payments are $0, my insurance is less than $400 a year, and my registration is less than $100 for two years, with personalized plates. There ARE some benefits to owning a 20-year-old car, and she does have good emissions, for a big ol' gas guzzling Detroit monstrosity.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be?
Somewhere in the mountains.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I was doing a scene between Matt and Cody in my head, discovering some stuff I hadn't known about their early relationship.
14. Do you miss being a child?
Occasionally, and just because I miss some of the things I could do as a child I can't do now (or won't, because I'm an adult and "know better," like wandering around in drainage tunnels or peering over fences just to see what people have in their yards).
16. What errand/chore do you despise?
Going to work. If I could draw a paycheck for hanging around the house, I would SO be there.
17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Certainly more than I do already.
18. Get up early or sleep in?
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Oh, I have a ton of 'em. I love cartoons. Depends on the day. Daffy Duck, Homer Simpson, Dexter, Foghorn Leghorn, the Pink Panther, Wacko Warner, and so on...
20. Favorite thing to do at night?
Puttering around the house, writing, watching TV.
21. Have you found real love yet?
22. When did you first start feeling old?
Old? I expect I'll be old when I start feeling old; I don't, really.
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
I don't know that I have a favorite. It all depends what I'm in the mood for. Probably chicken or turkey, mostly.
25. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
I don't shop at Wal-Mart.
26. Beach or lake?
Yes. I haven't been to a beach in ages. (And technically speaking, the shore of a lake is just as much a "beach" as the shore of an ocean - ask the folks on Lake Michigan.)
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Anyone who thinks so isn't prohibited by law from marrying the person they love.
28. Do you own property?
29. Favorite Guilty pleasure?
Oh, I don't know... chocolate, probably. Or a big loaf of crusty bread with butter.
30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Ahem... Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band. No, seriously.
31. What's your drink?
32. Cowboys or Indians?
Yes. (Cowboys who are Indians live in my head.)
33. Cops or Robbers?
34. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
Charlene Turman (I sadly forget her married name). I don't miss high school, but I miss Char sometimes.
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
NPR, when I don't have the iPod plugged in.
36. Norm or Cliff?
37. Grey's or The Office?
The Office is growing on me, but I'm not a huge fan of either.
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
My first boyfriend. I make no excuses.
39. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
Yes, actually. He's smart and funny, and he gets jokes from Office Space.
40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
I don't know, really. Maybe Ellen, or Dwight Yoakam (provided I would be allowed to actually ask him the questions I want to ask - his "people" don't let interviewers ask just anything).
41. Indoors or Outdoors?
Depends on the weather.
42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Not my current one, and I haven't been in a crash since I was 16 (and had been in possession of a driver's license all of six months or so0.
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
44. Last book you read?
The last one I finished was, I think, Sick Building - can't remember the author, it's a Doctor Who novel; and currently I'm re-reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire and another Doctor Who book, Forever Autumn.
45. Do you have a teddy bear?
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth
I don't know. The woods up on the Mogollon Rim?
47. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
I've never been to Sacramento (and I only drove through Bakersfield - I want to go to Buck's Crystal Palace).
48. Do you go to church?
Not in a while, although we did go to service at Barb's mom's church at Christmas.
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
50. How old are you?